Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Transition to Royalty


Thursday, October 14, 2004
Still Breathing...
In a matter of only a few weeks, I've : lost a friend of a lifetime, turned 23, went on vacation to the bahamas, had a great time, but my relationship is suffering, which causes me to move back home... only to attempt to put things back together because of all the time and energy you put into it...which is an exam within itself... I can't seem to cut a * break. I must need Jesus....


The Transition to Royalty

From August 2004 to February 2006 I kept a regular blog. This is an excerpt from that blog. The entire blog is soo awesome because if you read from beginning to the end you will literally see the Transition to Royalty and from Dark to Light. I can read the entries from 2004 and see the process and know that there is a God who is a deliverer and a restorer! I can see the maturity develop after I received the indwelling presence of Holy Spirit and begin to feed myself with the Word of God as if it was an intravenous drug. I can visually see that God delivers and maintain my faith for friends and family members as I intercede on their behalf.

There was a time when I didn’t know I was royalty according to I Peter 2:9-“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” (NIV)

Yet, during this time I let the world system define who I was and how the circumstances should turn out. On the outside it looked as if I had something good going. I had a woman…yes a woman putting me up in her home, taking care of me by shopping for me, paying my bills and taking me on vacations. This woman was not my mother…I called her “a girlfriend” or “partner.” I knew I was not in the will of God, but again I did not know who I was. Virtuous and Proverbs 31 woman were terms that I was not familiar with until later. This helps me to remain compassionate for those who struggle in Sin because; they simply don’t know that they are royalty!

Instead I was allowing myself to be defined by the world system. The world systems says, “Do what feels good or what you think feels good to you for the moment.” Ahhhhhh such deception when the word of God says, “There is a way which seems right to a man and appears straight before him, but at the end of it is the way of death.” (Proverbs 14:12, Amplified)

I was at that point…the point of death…not in a literal sense but I was spiritually dead. As you see in the blog from 2004 my world was falling apart and I did not know how to maintain. Here I go talking about, “I must need Jesus” as if Jesus is a LAST resort when he should have been my FIRST!

It isn’t until we place our Trust in Christ [instead of the World system] and believe in Him that we become New Creatures, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” (II Corinthians 5:17, KJV)

When you recognize that in Christ you are a new Creature, you walk as a NEW creature. Nonetheless, this newness must be developed through the Renewing of our Minds.

Romans 12:2-And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (KJV)


When people ask me how I went from where I was to where I am today this is my answer: brainwashing. Sounds negative right? The truth is most of us needed to wash our brain from all of the sinful junk that it’s infected with. All of our brains need to be washed with the Word of God on a consistent basis. In fact, many believers aren’t brainwashing themselves enough and that’s why they become so fearful about the economy; not understanding that “Ambassadors” are not affected by the economy of that particular world system.
{That’s another blog for another time...We won’t go there on this one!J]

A large part of my purpose is to assist others in that “brainwashing” process. Those who desire to be completely transformed so that they may walk in the good, acceptable, and perfect will of God according to Romans 12:2. Those who want to be developed in their faith so that they will be “Made Whole” according to Matthew 9:22. I read that blog from October 2004, see the darkness and pain I was in and rejoice because of where God has me today!

This is HOW I made the transition to Royalty and from Dark to Light…Today there is no doubt and no confusion about who I am and my ultimate purpose on earth!

2 comments:

Me :) said...

Good luck in your transition to Online Learning. I hope it bodes well for you. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out. Thanks also for the transparency of your post.
Tarisha

Made Whole said...

Praise God! THank you ladies for reading!

The publisher/owner of this website, Jennifer Schumpert, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.